Changing our lives. Changing our world. All through Christ.
As we live out our foundational Statement of Faith...
We major on the majors.
• Believing the essentials
• Protecting our unity.
• Appreciating different strengths.
• Thinking like missionaries.
We build healthy relationships.
• Being real with each other.
• Walking through life together.
• Making and deepening friendships in Christ.
• Strengthening marriages and families.
We love our community.
• Serving our way into hearts.
• Loving our neighbors where they are.
• Being a presence in the center of the community.
• Offering good works, good will, and good news.
We pursue boundless generosity.
• Cultivating a spirit of grace and humility.
• Focusing on God's Kingdom purposes.
• Seizing opportunities God brings.
• Giving firstfruits and beyond.
Building disciples who make disciples through...
Encountering God together
• Exalt - Honoring and celebrating the One worthy of all our praise.
• Unite - Gathering to experience God's dynamic presence through His people.
• Grow - Connecting to God's grace and truth through His Word.
• Give - Offering our lives and resources generously to advance God's Kingdom.
Cultivating authentic Christian relationships by living out God's Word together.
• Share - Connecting through conversations about everyday life.
• Study - Learning to apply God's Word from the weekly message.
• Support - Meeting each other's needs through prayer care, and encouragement.
• Serve - Impacting the church and community through good works.
Doing good for the community...with the community.
• Service - Promoting volunteerism as a way of life.
• Relationships - Building healthy families and friendships.
• Compassion - Meeting needs of the unserved and underserved.
• Wellness - Equipping people to grow strong in body, mind, and spirit.
Valley Church Statement of Faith
We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
We believe that God has spoken in the scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
The Human Condition
We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God’s saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus, Israel’s promised Messiah, was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
The Work of Christ
We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation.
The Holy Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified by God’s grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head. The true church is manifest in local churches, whose membership should be composed only of believers. The Lord Jesus mandated two ordinances, baptism and the Lord’s Supper, which visibly and tangibly express the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, when celebrated by the church in genuine faith, these ordinances confirm and nourish the believer.
We believe that God’s justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God’s Word, the Spirit’s power, and fervent prayer in Christ’s name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
We believe in the personal, bodily and premillennial return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
Response and Eternal Destiny
We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal conscious punishment and the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord in the new heaven and the new earth, to the praise of His glorious grace. Amen.